The Accountant will be responsible for key financial, budgetary and internal control analysis in the Coptic Hope Center including:
As part of a team in the Project planning function, the Accountant prepares financial budget plans from the unit level to a consolidated level. The Accountant may be assigned to various departments to work with their respective heads in developing and implementing their respective budgets.
He/She will maintain historical cost vs budget data to ensure that forthcoming budgets remain representative of the departmental needs, as well as consolidate budget plans of various operating units into corporate budgets.
The Accountant will also be responsible for implementing the accounting software for the Center and producing regular financial reports to the management.
Duties for the Grants Management Accountant Job
- Prepare and present operating and expense budgets for management approval.
- Identify and analyze new departmental budget items for justification by originating office.
- Ensure that budgeting procedures and guidelines are complied with.
- Provide regular budget reports to include forecasted budget, trend analyses and actuals versus budget trending.
- Assist the department head in justifying variances between actual and budget.
- Develop budget models to assist departments in their financial planning.
- Coordinate in processing actuals versus budget performance reports.
- Additionally the Accountant will support the financial controller with individual grant/project budget management specific responsibilities include:
- Implementing centralized financial management and budget control procedures
- Ensuring department heads are spending funds from grant budget appropriately
- Providing budgetary control to include initiating and directing the preparation of budget revisions, preparing annual budget close documents and maintaining documentations for budget controls.
- In the event of an audit, the accountant will work with the financial controller, Program director and the respective departmental heads representatives to provide all required documentation and resolve potential issues.
- Analyze, modify and recommend improvements in subsidiary and general fiscal record keeping systems; apply knowledge of accounts and program relationships, data flow audit trails and internal control to design and implement financial data systems.
- Maintain and/or modify manual or automated fiscal reporting /tracking processes to address specific unit needs.
- Prepare the necessary budgetary activity reports, budget spreadsheets and assist in compiling quarterly and annual financial progress reports.
- Prepare the necessary, departmental, and overall budgets, budget justifications, and combine all clinical and subcontractor budgetary records into a single report for continuation and Interim reports
- Perform any other duty as assigned by the financial Controller and Program Director.
Grants Management Accountant Job Qualifications
- Bachelor Degree in business commerce with a major Finance/accounts with additional professional qualification (CPAK)
- A related budgeting or accounting experience in a similar organization is an added advantage
- Excellent computer skills in Excel spreadsheets, Access database, Word processing and MS Office.
- Atleast 3 years of finance and accounting experience in a similar post in the NGO sector with adequate exposure to project accounting, financial management including budgeting, grants and contracts(PEPFAR/CDC-Kenya grants)
- Understanding of finance records reconciliations.
- Must have demonstrable hands-on experience with an accounting system. Experience (Navision)
- Ability to work independently in a rapidly changing professional environment with a view towards establishing administrative procedures and protocol that will ensure optimal functioning of the operation
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Strong communication skills (both written and oral),
- Good analytical and quantitative reasoning,
- Strong organizational and time management skills -ability to adhere to deadlines, multi-task and be able to prioritize,
- A team player with strong interpersonal skills, and
- Ability to learn quickly and manage workload, work effectively under pressure in a demanding environment.
How to Apply
If you meet the minimum requirements, submit your application & CV through email to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop your application letter in HR office indicating the position you are applying on or before 16th January 2018.
Coptic Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and promotes gender equality and does not charge for any kind of recruitment. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.