Kenya: Social Behavior Change Manager, Kenya Feb 2018
Career vacancy Kenya: Social Behavior Change Manager, Kenya
Employment vacancy Kenya: Social Behavior Change Manager, Kenya
Organization: Population Services International
Closing date: 15 Mar 2018
Job title: Social Behavior Change Manager
Department: East Africa
Based in: Nairobi, Kenya with extensive travel in Somalia
Reports to: the Social Behaviour Change Advisor
Who we are
With over 45 years of experience, working in over 60 countries, Population Services International (PSI) is the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. PSI is reimagining healthcare, by putting the consumer at the center, and wherever possible – bringing care to the front door. We are working to fix market failures, shape future health markets and shift policy and funding to better support consumer empowered healthcare.
There are over 8,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. We are a diverse group of entrepreneurial development professionals with a wide range of backgrounds and experience. All with unique skills that we bring to the critically important work that we do.
We are looking for a Social Behavior Change Manager for the Somalia Demand Creation for Health Services programme funded by the UK Department for International Development (DFID). The focus of this program is to increase community awareness of, and demand for, health services and promote appropriate health, Maternal Infant and Young Child Nutrition (MIYCN) practices.
The Social Behavior Change Manager will support design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of this dynamic programme including innovative pilot demand creation and behavior change interventions developed using user-centered approaches; support capacity building/ strengthening with the Ministries of Health and implementing partners; contribute to the design and rollout of the learning agenda and improve the evidence base to inform and influence policy in the Somali health sector throughout the life of project.
Sound like you? Read on
PSI seeks an entrepreneurial, dynamic candidate with technical expertise in social and behavior change communications in the health field. The SBC Manager will be responsible for building the capacity of government and implementing partners to pilot and scale creative approaches to health demand creation and behavior change.
- Contribute to the design of high quality project interventions and assessments in collaboration with relevant project partners including the development of and support for iterations of user-centered design prototypes.
- Provide technical oversight and quality assurance of design activities including of external design firms and internal Innovations Team staff.
- Support capacity building of selected entities (MOH and implementing partners) in design, implementation and evaluation of SBC programming.
- Work with other consortium management unit staff to support reporting to the donor and representation of the project externally at events, conferences and meetings.
- Contribute to the development and roll out of the learning agenda of the project.
- Perform any other related duties that may be assigned by the immediate supervisor.
How shall we measure your performance?
- program performance
- efficiency and value for money
- improved customer satisfaction from partners
What are we looking for?
- At least 5 years of demonstrated experience in implementing and monitoring social behavior change, communication or marketing activities
- Ability to travel frequently across Somalia (up to 40% travel)
- A Master’s degree in public health, anthropology, development studies, communications, marketing, design, or similar, or a Bachelor’s degree with at least 5 years of additional relevant experience.
- Experience in managing teams.
- Experience building capacity of civil society and/or government entities in social and behavior change.
- Creativity and entrepreneurial outlook.
- Excellent oral communication skills.
- Solid judgment and diplomatic skills.
- Initiative, flexibility, accuracy and ability to work as part of a team
- Good personal organizational skills, including ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
Interested applicants should submit a letter of interest and current Curriculum Vitae not later than February 22, 2018 *to* [email protected]
Subject: Social Behavior Change Manager – Somalia
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.
How to apply: